A list of Prof. Ek’s current publications can be viewed on PubMed or downloaded in PDF format.
Current research interests include:
- Clinical outcomes following reverse shoulder arthroplasty
- Clinical and radiological outcomes following anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty with glenoid deficiency
- Clinical outcomes following tendon transfers for rotator cuff deficiency – lower trapezius tendon transfer, latissimus dorsi tendon transfer
- Biomechanical analysis of plating techniques for unstable distal clavicle fractures with coracoclavicular ligament involvement (Type 2B)
- Influence of Bankart lesion, glenoid bone loss and bankart repair on glenohumeral cartilage loading using patient-specific finite element (FEA) models
- Prospective randomised controlled trial (RCT) – Does collagen scaffold augmentation of high grade partial rotator cuff tendon tears improve early functional recovery? RePACT study (currently recruiting) – Co-Investigator